English Martyrs Parents Group started on Monday 9th November at the Parish Centre Wakefield, parents , children and volunteers came together to enjoy hot buttered fruit toast, tea and coffee and juice for the children. The Gianna ‘pop up shop’ gave parents the opportunity to look for baby and children’s clothes and shoes. Children played games whilst parents had the opprtunity to relax and chat! The group will meet weekly from 3pm -5pm all parents in the Parish are welcome, the group hopes to support local parents in a friendly way by offering;
- Baby and children’s clothes and equipment at low/ no cost
- Healthy snacks and refreshments available.
- Information and advice on parenting
- Toys and games to entertain the children.
- Time for parents to network and develop friendships and their own support networks
- Guest speakers to talk about issues important to parents, for example, children health, managing stress, helping children learn etc.
- Signposting to alternative services to meet specific needs.
We hope that the group will go from strength to strength providing volunteering opportunities for parishioners and developing a strong partnership between school, Parish and Catholic Care.