Catholic Care is a faith based charity providing care and support to people of all faiths and none. The Charity also employs people of all faiths and none.
About our Graduate Programme
This three year programme will give committed graduates who are wishing to pursue a career in caring for and supporting disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalised people, the employment, training and opportunities to make a positive impact on the lives of people living in Yorkshire. You will be working in a variety of roles, in each service area for a 6 month period, to gain insight into the service, the focus it has on the service users, how it is managed and how it can be sustainably developed in the future. You could be placed in any service area within the organisation including any of the following:
- Adult Learning Disability Service – Supporting people in residential and supported living homes where the focus is on people’s abilities and not their disabilities;
- Adult Mental Health Service – Supporting people on their recovery journey with a focus on being tenancy ready and on future employment. Also includes housing options and benefits;
- Children’s Services: Residential Care – caring for and inspiring vulnerable, disadvantaged and often damaged young people. Teaching life skills and resilience for life after care;
- Children’s Services: Schools, Children & Family Wellbeing Service – working with our qualified team of professionals to provide advice, support and counselling to children, young people, families and school staff;
- Community – working in a wide variety of community services: including: young carers, support for mothers and babies in difficult circumstances, groups for older people, stay & play, asylum seekers and refugees;
- Operations and Resources – including areas such as Finance, Systems, Human Resources, Communications & Marketing.
We will try to prioritise your choices to match you to the areas you are most interested in.
What We Can Offer You
You will enjoy a variety of experiences, develop an enormous breadth of skills and build relationships that will stay with you throughout your career.
You will have the opportunity to enhance your qualifications with training appropriate to the service you are working in. At the end of your second year you will have the opportunity to further enhance your learning and development in the area you choose to specialise by undertaking an Apprenticeship to achieve a Diploma Level 5 qualification, specialising in either children or adult care. All training will be funded by the Charity.
In addition to the Charity itself each service area you work in includes development through induction, professional supervision and annual appraisal. You will also be assigned a professional development worker to support you through the scheme.
At the end of the three years, if mutually agreed, there will be an offer of employment on a more permanent basis.
What You Need
For our graduate programme you must be on track for or have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent during the current academic year 2018/2019, or the previous 2 academic years. We welcome applications from students of all degree disciplines. Above all, you need to be able to demonstrate your commitment to working in a values led, third sector organisation where the needs of the people we serve are at the centre of everything we do.
Please apply by completing the application form and submitting it using the below online application by the closing date.
If you are shortlisted to the next stage you will need to be available to attend the interview day on Wednesday 3rd July 2019.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 7th June 2019
Interview Process: will consist of a competency based interview, group interaction and a presentation.
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Start date: September 2019
Please note we cannot accept CVs and will be unable to give feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Catholic Care is an Equal Opportunities employer