Catholic Care is the social care agency for the Diocese of Leeds and has provided relief from poverty to children, families and the community for over 140 years. Our services include:
- a registered Adoption Agency
- Children's Residential Services
- Schools and Family Social Work Services
- Residential Care and Supported Living Services for people with Learning Disabilities
- Supported Living Services for people with long term Mental Health Needs
- Community Projects that benefit Older People and address social issues of disadvantage and isolation across the communities of the Yorkshire region
As an independent charity, Catholic Care works closely with the Diocese of Leeds and the Bishops' Conference of England and Wales in matters of social care and family life.
Catholic Care is also a member of the Caritas - Social Action network and identifies with Caritas International - the worldwide network of Catholic relief and development organisations.
Catholic Care raises funds for charitable purposes from the Catholic Community within the Diocese of Leeds and from grant making bodies. Our services are supported and delivered in partnership with the voluntary, independent and statutory sectors, schools, parishes and local authorities.